Mission and Core Values
Safe Sitter® prepares young adolescents for the profound
responsibilities of nurturing and protecting children.
- Intrinsic worth of all children
- Our deep and genuine love for all children of all ages defines
who we are.
- Protecting the health and welfare of children
- We believe in the importance of protecting both adolescents and
the young children they are watching.
- Providing nurturing, positive experiences
- We use instructional methods that foster success.
- We respect the capabilities of young adolescents.
- We strive to make all interactions constructive and
- Providing relevant and medically accurate
- We are selective about content that is relevant to the skills
needed for safe child care, self care, and basic employment
- We provide credible, scientific, accurate information.
- We provide curriculum that is developmentally appropriate for
the intellectual capabilities and the emotional abilities of young
- We respond to advances in first aid and health care.
- Adhering to the highest ethical standards
- As a not-for-profit organization, we are committed to
"obedience to the unenforceable" going beyond the law to the very
best of ethical behavior.
- We believe Safe Sitter® is a community service.
- We strive to make Safe Sitter® accessible to all.
- For the protection of graduates and employers, we do not
release the names of Safe Sitter® graduates.