The world is a much more complicated place, and so are
children's lives. As a role model who impacts these young lives,
you know the importance of providing a lasting education.
Safe Sitter® is a proud member of the National Recreation and
to see what some parks say about Safe Sitter®.
Article from the 2010
Summer Edition of
The Profile (publication of the
Indiana Park and Recreation
With Safe Sitter®
- You get a unique learning opportunity designed for young
adolescents (no younger than 11), a group for whom quality
programming can be hard to find
- You get a self-contained, easy-to-teach program that fits into
your schedule. We teach you how to teach it! You can even teach it
in your off season.
- You get a great way to train your next generation of counselors
and youth program staff. The curriculum develops the critical
thinking, decision-making and leadership skills they need.
- You get a program that presents serious life skills in a fun
way! And the skills learned are the first rung of many career
ladders, including parenting, youth development, child care,
medicine and nursing.
- You get a program that teaches young adolescents the behavior
management skills needed for them to stay in control of themselves
and others and to keep themselves safe when home alone.
- You get a program that has a focus on beginning business skills
such as how to market yourself as a qualified babysitter, how to
negotiate an hourly rate, a proper handshake.
- You get to empower young people to see themselves as valuable
assets who accept responsibility.
An Important Note About
Training: You must be connected to a
registered Safe Sitter® teaching site before you may be trained in
the curriculum to become an Instructor. It's a fairly quick
and easy application and approval process. Call 800-255-4089 x19 or
us. We'll help you with the steps needed to start your
own site and begin teaching!