Few jobs are as important as fighting fires. Today, you also
take part in outreach through public education to keep your
community even safer. Let Safe Sitter® help you provide a
life-saving- and lasting-education for an age group that is often
Click here to read the story
of how an EMS Coordinator's daughter, a Safe Sitter® graduate,
saved her brother's life.
here to see what a former fire chief says about Safe
With Safe Sitter®
- You get to reach young adolescents (no younger than 11). This
group is often missed with many fire and EMS public education
programs and is an at-risk group for fire and non-related
- You get an investment in reducing emergency calls.
- You get a good public relations and community outreach program.
Parents love the program and feel safer knowing their children are
better prepared to take care of their siblings and the children
that they babysit.
- You get to help parents become more safety conscious and seek
out babysitters who have had the training program.
- You get a good confidence builder for kids, giving them life
skills in addition to safety behaviors that make them better
parents and adults later in life.
- You get a long-term investment in staff recruitment,
especially for women.
- You get to provide opportunities for spousal support programs
where the spouses can be as involved as the Instructors.
- You get to provide opportunities for the children of fire and
EMS personnel to better understand and relate to their parents by
having a practical understanding of their work.
- You get to provide opportunities for children from different
backgrounds to get to know one another. It also brings together
parents from different backgrounds for the class graduation in a
positive forum where they can see the children give demonstrations
of what they've learned.
- You get to provide opportunities for fire and police
departments to partner on teaching a curriculum that relates to
prevention in both areas of public safety.
- You get to provide opportunities for fire and EMS personnel to
develop stronger relationships with community members which
enhances public relations and community support of the fire
- You get to provide additional opportunities for volunteer
personnel to excel and be recognized.
- You get to provide opportunities for citizens in the community
to volunteer as Instructors for fire departments in non-suppression
An Important Note About
Training: You must be connected to a
registered Safe Sitter® teaching site before you may be trained in
the curriculum to become an Instructor. It's a fairly quick
and easy application and approval process. Call 800-255-4089 x19 or
We'll help you with the steps needed to start your own site
and begin teaching!